Monday 11 January 2016

changes to my film and ideas

Originally my film was going to be called Day 185, but I changed it to Day 785 as I thought that with it being a longer time later (over 2 years) instead of a few months as this would add more effect as it shows that the situation is not recent and the older and damaged props would suit better instead of after a few months as the damage would be more expected after an extended period of use.

I also changed some aspects of the props as on the assault rifle initially had a form of optics on it but I decided that in a post-apocalyptic, battery-operated optics would not be very practical as the batteries may run out at any time which would not be ideal.

Another aspect that I changed was the opening as I changed it from my initial ideas as i realised that the opening that intended would last longer that the time limit that we had. Before i was going to have a collage of different shots followed by the opening and titles but then I realised that having both the collage of shots and the opening would take longer and would substantially run over the time limit.

Also I had to miss out the dialogue as my actors were unable to attend so I could not have a scene in which dialogue was exchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment